Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Creating SMTP policies
In the Enterprise Vault Administration Console, SMTP Archiving policies are located in the SMTP container under Policies.
Table: SMTP policy properties lists the settings available in the policy properties.
Name and Description
The policy name and a description of its application.
If you want Enterprise Vault to index specific X-Headers in SMTP messages, then you need to add the X-Headers to the policy.
There are also special Enterprise Vault X-Headers that can be used to customize how a message is archived. These headers begin with "X-Kvs". Enterprise Vault recognizes and processes "X-Kvs" headers, so you do not need to add these to the X-Header list.
See About X-Headers.
The following advanced settings control how the archiving task handles journal report messages:
These advanced settings are described in detail in the "Journal Reports settings" section of the Administrator's Guide.
The SMTP target addresses to which this policy applies. This property is populated when you create SMTP targets and assign a policy.
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the vault site hierarchy until Policies is visible.
- Expand Policies and click SMTP. The existing SMTP policies are listed in the right-hand pane.
- Right-click SMTP and then, on the shortcut menu, click New > Policy. The New SMTP Policy page opens.
- Type in a name and description for the new policy, then click OK.
- To view or change the policy properties, double-click the new policy in the right-hand pane.