Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Adding an SMTP Mailbox Journaling provisioning group
To add an SMTP Mailbox Journaling provisioning group
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand your Enterprise Vault site.
- Expand the Targets container, and then expand the SMTP container.
- Right-click the Provisioning Groups container, and then click New > Provisioning Group > SMTP Mailbox Journaling.
The wizard appears.
- Complete the fields and then click Create Provisioning group. The wizard prompts you to specify the following:
The name of the provisioning group.
Whether SMTP archiving is enabled or disabled for the provisioning group members. This is controlled by the setting, Archive messages for provisioned users.
The SMTP policy to assign to the target users in the provisioning group.
For the SMTP email addresses that are associated with each Active Directory account, whether to create a target for each of the addresses or only the primary address.
The domain to which the provisioning group applies. You can enter the details of a new Active Directory domain, if necessary.
You must choose a trusted domain in your environment. Optionally, you can specify the required Global Catalog server.
The target users who are members of the provisioning group.
The vault store in which to create any new Internet Mail archives for the target users. If an Internet Mail archive already exists for any of the target users, then Enterprise Vault uses that archive.
If you enter an email address for a target user, then Enterprise Vault searches Active Directory for an account with that address. If found, the archive is given the Active Directory user's name. If no Active Directory account is found, then the email address is used for the archive name. The administrator will need to give user permissions to any archive created with an email address name.
The retention category or retention plan to assign to the group. You can select a retention plan or category, or create a new one in the wizard.
The indexing settings to apply to new Internet Mail archives that provisioning creates for members of the group.
The Enterprise Vault server that is to host the SMTP Provisioning task for all the SMTP provisioning groups. This task applies the required policy to the targets of the provisioning group. You can host the task on any Enterprise Vault server in your site.
- The new provisioning group is configured when the SMTP Provisioning task next runs. You can use the Run Now option on the provisioning task properties or context menu to run the task immediately.
- When the provisioning task run has finished, restart the SMTP Archiving task on the Enterprise Vault SMTP server. If there are multiple Enterprise Vault SMTP servers in the site, then you need to start the SMTP Archiving task on each SMTP server.