Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Adding SMTP target addresses manually
For SMTP Group and Mailbox Journaling, we recommend that you use SMTP provisioning groups to add and manage the SMTP target addresses.
If necessary, you can add SMTP target addresses manually, as described in this section, or use the PowerShell cmdlet, New-EVSMTPTarget.
To add an SMTP target address using the Enterprise Vault Administration Console
- In the navigation pane, navigate to Targets > SMTP > Manual Targets.
- Right-click the Manual Targets container, and select New > Target Email Address.
The New SMTP target wizard starts.
- Enter the target address in the form user@domain. Wildcard characters are not permitted when specifying SMTP target addresses.
- Select the type of journaling for the target address.
The types of journaling that are available on this screen depend on the value of the SMTP site setting, Selective Journal Archiving. To select Group or Mailbox Journaling, the site setting value must be either Inclusive or Exclusive.
- Select the SMTP policy to apply to messages that include the target address. Click Next.
- Click Add to select one or more archives in which to store the target's messages. Click New if you want to create a new SMTP archive for this target. Click Next.
- Select the retention settings to apply to the messages. Click Next.
Changes to the retention settings may apply to multiple archives, if the target's archive is also associated with other targets that are in turn associated with other archives.
- A summary of the target properties is displayed. Click Finish.
- If you are adding this target address after you have configured SMTP Group or Mailbox Journaling, then rerun the SMTP Provisioning task using the Run Now option on the task properties or context menu.
- When the SMTP Provisioning task run is finished, restart the SMTP Archiving task on the Enterprise Vault SMTP server. If there are multiple Enterprise Vault SMTP servers in the site, then you need to start the SMTP Archiving task on each SMTP server.