Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Monitoring of SMTP Archiving components is included in the automatic monitoring mechanisms that are supported by Enterprise Vault:
Performance monitoring. The Monitoring tab in Site Properties lets you turn on performance monitoring for SMTP Archiving components. If a monitored item reaches its threshold, a message is logged in the application Event log and an alert is generated in Enterprise Vault system status.
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). The supplied Enterprise Vault Management Pack enables you to monitor SMTP Archiving operations and performance.
For more information on monitoring Enterprise Vault, see the following article on the Veritas Support website: https://www.veritas.com/docs/100015240.