Veritas™ Appliance AutoSupport Reference Guide
- Product overview
- Call Home security
- Configuring client settings on NetBackup and Access appliances
- Configuring client settings on a Flex appliance
- Using the MyAppliance portal
- NetBackup Product Improvement Program
- Appendix A. Frequently Asked Questions
Enabling and disabling Call Home from the NetBackup Appliance Web Console
The following procedures describe how to use the NetBackup Appliance Web Console to enable and disable Call Home on a NetBackup appliance.
The Veritas Access 3340 Appliance does not support configuring AutoSupport 2.0 through a web console. Refer to the following for instructions regarding configuring AutoSupport from the Access Appliance Shell menu.
To configure Call Home on a 52xx appliance from the NetBackup Appliance Web Console
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Web Console and navigate to the Settings> Notification > Alert Configuration page.
- Select the Enable Call Home check box.
- To test the Call Home functionality, click on Test Call Home at the bottom of the screen. The system attempts to push a heartbeat package to Veritas. Upon success, the following message appears:
- Click Save.