Veritas™ Appliance AutoSupport Reference Guide
- Product overview
- Call Home security
- Configuring client settings on NetBackup and Access appliances
- Configuring client settings on a Flex appliance
- Using the MyAppliance portal
- NetBackup Product Improvement Program
- Appendix A. Frequently Asked Questions
How NetBackup Product Improvement Program data is transmitted
The NetBackup Product Improvement Program communicates using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) over port 443/tcp. The system needs to be able to access the host https://telemetry.veritas.com.
Example communication flow
- Test access and open a port to https://telemetry.veritas.com
- Perform a HEAD request on
- Perform a GET request on
- Perform a POST operation to
The client system initiates all communication. Some communications are bidirectional when the appliance requests data that is hosted on the telemetry system.
For example, the GET request provides an ability to dynamically update the collection parameters without installing or updating a normal patch or release. These dynamic updates are only collection updates, and the process does not deploy any additional code to the client. The most typical updates are changes in collection parameters, such as a command flag, or the addition of running a NetBackup command to collect additional configuration and run-time information.