Veritas™ Appliance AutoSupport Reference Guide
- Product overview
- Call Home security
- Configuring client settings on NetBackup and Access appliances
- Configuring client settings on a Flex appliance
- Using the MyAppliance portal
- NetBackup Product Improvement Program
- Appendix A. Frequently Asked Questions
Enabling and disabling Call Home from the appliance shell menu
You can enable or disable Call Home from the appliance shell menu. Call Home is enabled by default.
For Call Home to work properly, you need to register your appliance. The MyAppliance portal is no longer supported with the release of the Veritas NetInsights Console and will be decommissioned. Appliance registration should be done by signing in to the NetInsights portal (https://netInsights.veritas.com) with your Veritas Account Manager credentials. For more information, see the Veritas Appliance AutoSupport Reference Guide and the Veritas NetInsights Console User Guide.
To enable or disable Call Home from the shell menu
- Log on to the shell menu.
- To enable Call Home, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Enable command.
- To disable Call Home, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Disable command.
For more information on the NetBackup appliance Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome commands, refer to the NetBackup Appliance Commands Reference Guide.
For more information on the Access Appliance Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome commands, refer to the Access 3340 Appliance Initial Configuration and Administration Guide.
For information about Call Home settings for the Flex 5340 Appliance refer to the following sections.