Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Performing a two-tier installation
To perform a two-tier installation
- Perform the preinstallation steps.
- Install the Management Server.
Optionally install one or more Portal nodes.
- Install one or more Collector worker nodes.
- Register the worker nodes with the Management Server.
- Perform other post-installation configuration.
Choose the two-tier installation mode when your filers are distributed across geographically remote locations that are far away from the Management Server. Install at least one Collector for each remote location. For example, the main data center of your organization is in New York, with additional filers in Singapore and Australia. In this case, the Management Server must be located in New York and there must be at least one Collector each in Singapore and Australia.