Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About the Collector
The Collector (Audit Pre-processor) is a Data Insight process that enables you to collect and parse access events from various storage repositories. The Collector examines the access events available on these storage systems to parse the events that report the read, write, create, delete, and rename activity on files or folders. The access events are processed in batches that consist of several thousand events. Each batch of events that are collected in a cycle is stored in a separate file with appropriate timestamp that indicates the ending time of the last entry in that batch. This data is pruned based on exclude rules or events that are not from the configured shares, site collections or equivalent data sources, and is then segregated on a per-share basis. These files are periodically shipped to the appropriate Indexer node.
Data Insight collects information about access events from various storage repositories through exposed vendor APIs.
For detailed information about which audit service is appropriate for your data source, see the Veritas Data Insight Administrator's Guide.