Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About the Management Server
The Management Server is the main component of a Data Insight deployment and hosts the product's web interface. In the single tier deployment, you can also configure the Management Server to connect to multiple storage devices to extract access events and store the extracted data locally to answer queries. Your deployment can only have one Management Server. It also runs the action framework that helps you to take remedial action on your data and enables you to send archiving requests to Enterprise Vault.
The Data Insight Management Server performs the following functions:
Hosts the Web-based graphical user interface (GUI).
Scans directory services to obtain information about users in the organization and correlates this information with the access events.
Ensures that the configuration data on the worker nodes is synchronized with the Management Server's configuration data.
Authenticates the Data Insight users. It also runs the DataInsightWorkflow service that enables actions on your data.
Users interact with Data Insight primarily through the Data Insight management console. In this interaction, the user connects to the Web server through a Web browser. By default, the Web server runs on HTTPS port 443.