Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Upgrading the product data using the Upgrade Data Wizard
Before you upgrade data, Veritas recommends that you check for product updates on https://sort.veritas.com. If updates are available, you must apply the product update, and then proceed to upgrade the data.
To upgrade the product data using the Upgrade Data Wizard
- Launch the Upgrade Data wizard.
- On the Upgrade Product Data window, select the Make temporary backup of data before upgrading check box.
Veritas recommends that you take a backup of the product data before starting the data upgrade. Taking a backup ensures that the original data can be restored from backup if the upgrade fails. Data Insight deletes the backup after the upgrade completes successfully.
- Create the backup of the product data. To select a backup location, browse to the location where you want the backup data to be stored.
Before you begin the upgrade, ensure that there is enough free space available in the target location to take a backup. Data Insight requires that your system must have free space to accommodate your
datadirectory and an additional 5% of data size for the upgrade to succeed. If enough free space is not available, the upgrade wizard fails. If the upgrade fails, relaunch the upgrade wizard by executing the command INSTALL_DIR\bin\UpgradeData.exe (Windows) or /opt/DataInsight/bin/UpgradeData (Linux).
- Select the following check boxes:
Automatically restore original data from backup if upgrade fails
Delete backup on successful upgrade
- If an index is taking a long time to upgrade, or if the upgrade of an index fails for some unknown reason, you can enter the number of such indexes in the Skip indexes field. Specify a comma-separated list of the indexes you want to skip. The wizard skips the specified indexes and continues with the data upgrade process.
- Specify the number of index upgrade failures after which the installer must exit the data upgrade process.
- You can upgrade up to 10 indexes in parallel. Select a number from the Number of indexes to upgrade in parallel drop-down.
Just before an index is upgraded, a copy of that index is saved in the same folder where the index resides. This requires additional disk space during the upgrade. Total additional disk space depends on the number of indexes being upgraded in parallel. If you are short on disk space on data volume, you can select the option to Skip index back up before upgrade. Selecting this option can also make the upgrade process faster. You should select this option only if you have a backup of your data directory so that indexes that fail to upgrade can be restored at a later time.
- Click Upgrade Now to start the data upgrade process.
- The Data Upgrade window appears and displays a progress bar while upgrading the product data. The time taken in the upgrade process depends upon the size of the data.
- On successful completion of the data upgrade, click OK.
- On the Start Data Insight Services window, select Start Data Insight Services now. Click Next.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.