Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About the Indexer worker node
The access events and filesystem metadata that are collected from the storage repositories are periodically uploaded to the Indexer node. You can choose to have multiple indexers for load balancing purposes. Each storage repository can have exactly one Indexer node associated with it. The indexer performs the following functions:
Uses the data from the collector process and scanner to create index files.
Uses the index files to generate report output and service queries from the Management Console.