Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Configuring your corporate firewall
The instructions in this section assume that the Management Server and Worker nodes are installed inside your corporate LAN behind a firewall. If this is the case, update your corporate firewall settings as follows:
Allow 2-way connections between the Management Server and the worker nodes and between worker nodes. Configure your firewall to accept connections on the port you entered for the Communication Service when installing the Management Server and worker nodes. By default, the Communication Service communicates over port 8383. You can configure the servers to use any other port. Traffic on this port is HTTPS.
You should also allow outgoing connection from the Management Server to https://sort.veritas.com. Data Insight downloads patch information from the SORT web site to notify you of product updates.
Allow Windows Remote Desktop Client connections (TCP port 3389). This feature can be useful for setup purposes.
The web interface of the Management Server runs on port 443 (configurable at the time of installation). Port 443 is also used for the Portal service on the Self-Service Portal server. This port must be opened at the Management Server to allow HTTPS communication between browsers and the Web server and the portal server.
The DataInsightWorkflow Service runs on HTTPS port 8686. This port must be opened on the Portal server to allow HTTPS communication between Portal server and the Management Server.