Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About Veritas Data Insight
Veritas Data Insight is a solution for unstructured data governance. It monitors file system activity and helps answer questions such as who is using the data, who owns the data and who has access to the data. Data Insight gives you full visibility into data access, which helps drive security remediation and compliance efforts.
Based on a distributed client-server architecture, a typical Data Insight deployment consists of the following:
The way you deploy Veritas Data Insight depends on the size of your organization, the geographical distribution of your datacenters, and the number of storage devices that you want Data Insight to monitor.
Figure: Data Insight architecture illustrates the Data Insight architecture.