Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About Communication Service
Each node in a Data Insight deployment runs a process called Communication Service. This service is responsible for all inter-node communication. Communication Service uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to secure communication between the Data Insight nodes. The SSL keys are generated during installation.
By default, Communication Service connects through sever port 8383. This port must be visible to bi-directional HTTPS traffic between all Data Insight nodes. The service is also responsible for scheduling various tasks on a Data Insight node, which include, scheduling file system scans and uploading files to the Indexer worker node.