Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About single-tier installation
To implement the single-tier installation, you must install only the Management Server. In this mode, the Management Server functions as the Collector as well as the Indexer. Use single-tier installation only for POC deployments or smaller setups.
You can start out with a single-tier deployment and gradually add worker nodes to transition your system to a two-tier or a three-tier setup as the number of sites and storage repositories increase.