Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
About Windows File Server agent
Data Insight requires an agent to be installed on a Windows File Server machine if you want to monitor access events on the file server. Data Insight can automatically install the agent on the Windows File Server when adding the file server using the Console.
For detailed information about automatically installing the agent on the Windows File Server, see the Veritas Data Insight Administrator's Guide.
Optionally, you can choose to install the agent manually on the file server.
To configure a Windows File Server manually
- Install the Windows File Server agent on the file server machine.
- Register the agent with the Management Server using the
RegisterWorkerNode.exeutility. During registration, you can specify the address of the worker node that is intended to be the Collector node of this file server. Registration takes place through the Collector worker node. Registering the agent ensures that the file server can communicate with the Collector worker node.
The procedure to registration of Windows File Server agent is the same as registering a worker node.
- Add the file server to the Management Server using the
- If the file server is clustered using MSCS, do the following:.
Install the agent on each node of the cluster.
Register each node with the Management Server using its physical host address.
ConfigureWindowsFileServer.exefrom each cluster node after registering the node.