Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Installing the worker node
Throughout the installation process, the setup wizard displays installation information and options. Use the following options to navigate through the installation process:
Installing the worker node
- Log on (or remote logon) as Administrator to the computer that is intended for the worker node.
Veritas_DataInsight_windows_6_1_0_N_x64.exeto launch the installer.
Nis the build number.
If UAC is enabled, right-click on the installer and choose the Run as administrator option for elevated administrative rights during the installation.
- The Welcome to the Veritas Data Insight Setup Wizard window appears. Click Next.
- In the License Agreement window, select I accept the agreement, and click Next.
- In the Select Destination Directory window, browse to the directory in which you want Data Insight to be installed. By default, the destination directory is
You cannot install the worker node on the same machine as the Management Server.
- Depending on your deployment scenario, in the Configure Type of Install window, select Indexer and Collector, or Collector as the installation option.
- Click Next.
- In the Configure Data Directory window, browse to the location where you want to store the product data.
Select a location with enough free space and high-performance disks. It is recommended that you choose a location other than the system volume for the
- In the Worker Node Address window, enter the Fully Qualified Host Name (FQHN) of the server. This name must be resolvable from the Management Server and the other worker nodes.
- In the Configure Networking window, enter the following information:
Communication Service Port
Configuration Service Port
Configuration service is a process that provides interface to configuration and other product data stored on the local system. This service port does not need to be accessible outside the host machine.
The installer validates whether the appropriate ports are free to accept connections.
- Review the options that you have selected in the installation wizard in Installation Summary window.
- To start the installation process, click Begin Install.
- To register the worker node with the Management Server after you exit setup, select the Launch Worker Node Registration Wizard after exit check box.
- To exit setup, click Finish.