Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Configuring the Windows File Server using ConfigureWindowsFileServer.exe
ConfigureWindowsFileServer.exe utility to configure the file server from the file server machine. You must run this utility after you have registered the agent node with the Management Server to add the file server to the Management Server configuration. Data Insight starts monitoring this file server after you have completed this step.
To configure the Windows File Server from the file server machine
ConfigureWindowsFileServer.exelocated in the
binfolder of the installation.
The File Server Configuration Wizard appears.
- Select This File Server is a part of MSCS cluster check box if this node is a part of an MSCS cluster. If you select this option, specify name of this cluster in the Cluster Name text box. You must enter the exact same name in this field when you run this utility on all nodes of this cluster.
- Select the Collector worker node for this file server using the Collector Node drop-down. All communication with this file server happens through the associated Collector node.
- Select Automatically discover shares on this filer check box if you want Data Insight to automatically discover shares on this filer and add them to the configuration.
If this filer is a Clustered file server, you need to log into the Console later and specify credentials of an Administrative user on this cluster before discovery can happen.
You can optionally specify shares that need to be ignored during discovery by specifying matching patterns in the adjoining text box.
- Select Scan new shares immediately check box to add newly added shares to the scan queue immediately without waiting for the normal full scan schedule. However, scanning will still take place only during the times scanning is permitted on the node.
- Click Configure Now button to finish the configuration. The utility will contact the Management Server through the selected Collector node and add the file server to the Management Server. If this is a clustered file server and the filer has already been added through the first node, this step associates this additional cluster node with the existing filer configuration.
Alternately, you can choose to not run this utility post-registration, and configure the Windows File Server agent from the Management Console.
- Register the Windows File Server agent with the Management Server.
- Log on to the Management Console.
- From the Settings > Filers page, select Add New Filer and from the drop-down, select Windows File Server.
On the Add New Windows File Server page, clear the Let Data Insight install the agent automatically check box.
- Select this node from the list view control to associate this node with the file server.