Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Registering the worker node
You must register the worker node with the Management Server to enable communication between them.
You do not need to perform these steps if you have upgraded a worker node.
To register the worker with the Management Server
- Do one of the following:
To launch the Worker Node Registration Wizard immediately after completing the Worker Node installation wizard, select the Launch Worker Node Registration Wizard after exit check box.
To register the worker node at a later time, execute
RegisterWorkerNode.exelocated in the Data Insight installation bin directory.
- In the Register Worker Node with Management Server window, enter the following information:
Fully Qualified Host Name (FQHN) of the Management Server host
Location of the Communication Service keystore file
The keystore file,
commd.keystore, enables secure communication between worker nodes and the Management Server. It is present in the
keyssubfolder of the Management Server's data directory. You must manually copy the keystore file from the Management Server machine to a temporary location on the worker node. By default the data directory is located on the Management Server at
C:\DataInsight\data. It might be different for your setup. You can locate the data directory by reading the file
C:\Program Files\DataInsight\datadir.confon the Management Server or by running the configdb -d command.
- Click Register Now.
- After the successful registration of the worker node, delete the
commd.keystorefile from the temporary location.
- On the Start Data Insight Services window, select Start Data Insight Services now.
- On the Completing the node registration screen, click Finish.
You must log in to the Data Insight Management Server to complete further configuration of the worker node.