Veritas Data Insight Installation Guide
- Understanding the Veritas Data Insight architecture
- About the Collector worker node
- About Veritas Data Insight installation tiers
- Installing Veritas Data Insight
- Upgrading Veritas Data Insight
- Post-installation configuration
- Installing Windows File Server agent
- Getting started with Data Insight
- Uninstalling Veritas Data Insight
- Appendix A. Installing Data Insight using response files
Installing the Management Server
Veritas recommends that you disable any antivirus, pop-up blocker, and registry protection software before you begin the Veritas Data Insight installation process.
Throughout the installation process, the setup wizard displays installation information and options. Use the following options to navigate through the installation process:
To install the Management Server
- Log on (or remote logon) as Administrator to the computer that is intended for the Management Server.
- To launch the installer, double-click
Nis the build number.
If UAC is enabled, right-click on the installer and choose the Run as administrator option for elevated administrative rights during the installation.
- On the Welcome to the Veritas Data Insight Setup Wizard window, click Next.
Veritas recommends that you let the installation process complete once you start it. You can uninstall the software after the installation is complete.
- In the License Agreement window, select I accept the agreement, and click Next.
- In the Select Destination Directory window, browse to the directory in which you want Data Insight to be installed. By default, the destination directory is
- In the Configure Type of Install window, select Management Server.
Select a location with enough free space and high-performance disks. It is recommended that you choose a location other than the system volume for the
- In the Configure Data Directory window, select the location where you want to store the product data.
- In the Management Server Properties window, enter the following details:
Management Server Address
The Fully Qualified host name (FQHN) of the current host.
The remote worker nodes use this address to communicate with the Management Server
Web Server port
The secure (HTTPS) Web server port on which you can access the Web interface of the Management Server.
The installer validates whether the appropriate ports are free to accept connections.
- Select the Add Domain <Name of domain> to the list of domains scanned by Data Insight check box, if you want the Management Server to automatically start scanning the Active Directory domain which the Management Server is a part of. If the Management Server is not part of any Active Directory domain, this option is disabled.
For information on customizing the Active Directory domains to be scanned, see the Veritas Data Insight Administrator's Guide.
- In the Configure Networking window, enter the following information, and click Next:
Communication Service Port
Configuration Service Port
Configuration service is a process that provides interface to configuration and other product data stored on the local system. This service port does not need to be accessible outside the host machine.
- In the Configure Product Administrator window, enter the following information , and click Next:
Name of the user who can log in to Veritas Data Insight with Product Administrator privileges
Name of the domain to which the user belongs
The product administrator must be a local user or must belong to the same domain as the Management Server.
- Review the options that you have selected in the installation wizard in Installation Summary window.
- To start the installation process, click Begin Install.
- The Installing window appears and displays a progress bar.
- The Completing the Veritas Data Insight setup wizard window provides you an option to start Data Insight Services.
Before you start services, Veritas recommends that you check for available patches at https://sort.veritas.com. If there is a patch available, install the patch first and then start the services.
The next screen provides you an option to launch the Management Server on exit. Select this option to launch the Console and complete setting up the Management Server.
- To exit setup, click Finish.
Once you install the Management Server, log on to the Management Server to configure the SMTP settings and other product users, as necessary.