Enterprise Vault™ Compatibility Charts
- About this guide
- Enterprise Vault core dependencies
- Storage devices, appliances, and software
- Exchange archiving
- Exchange archiving client compatibility
- Desktop search utilities
- File System Archiving (FSA)
- Content platforms
- Client access
- Content protocols
- Domino mailbox archiving and journal archiving
- SharePoint archiving
- SMTP archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Search
- Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator
- Compliance Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator
- Antivirus software
- Third-party integrations
- Appendix A. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 12
- Appendix B. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 14
- Appendix C. Revision history
About Skype for Business Archiving
From Enterprise Vault 12.2 onwards, you can archive Skype for Business Server and Lync Server instant messaging (IM) and conferencing (meeting) communications.
You must install the Skype for Business Server or Lync Server administrative tools on the Enterprise Vault server. The version must match the version of Skype for Business Server or Lync Server that you are using.
The language version of Enterprise Vault, the Skype for Business Server or Lync Server, and the server operating system must all be the same. Also, the language version of Skype for Business and Skype for Business tools must match.
An Enterprise Vault server can target archiving from only Skype or Lync but not from both. You also cannot archive between domains.
Skype for Business Server can archive conversations to a SQL Server database or to an Exchange Server mailbox. However, Enterprise Vault only supports archiving to a SQL Server database.
Enterprise Vault supports Skype for Business Archiving on all the supported operating systems.
See Operating system.