Enterprise Vault™ Compatibility Charts
- About this guide
- Enterprise Vault core dependencies
- Storage devices, appliances, and software
- Exchange archiving
- Exchange archiving client compatibility
- Desktop search utilities
- File System Archiving (FSA)
- Content platforms
- Client access
- Content protocols
- Domino mailbox archiving and journal archiving
- SharePoint archiving
- SMTP archiving
- Microsoft Teams Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Search
- Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator
- Compliance Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator
- Antivirus software
- Third-party integrations
- Appendix A. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 12
- Appendix B. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 14
- Appendix C. Revision history
Support for NetApp Data ONTAP
Enterprise Vault File System Archiving is supported to archive from NetApp Data ONTAP using CIFS, as shown in the following table.
The major and minor releases of Data ONTAP are supported, in accordance with NetApp's recommendations. In the following table, n represents any minor version number.
Table: Support for NetApp Data ONTAP
9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5
9.6, 9.7, 9.8
9.9, 9.10, 9.11
MultiStore (vFiler) running Data ONTAP
- Supports Data ONTAP 7-mode only.
- For recommendations for migrating FSA archives from NetApp 7-Mode filers to NetApp C-Mode Vservers, see https://www.veritas.com/docs/100015810.
- Pass-through is not supported for Data ONTAP C-Mode Vservers.
- Requires Enterprise Vault server 12.1 or later.
- In Enterprise Vault 12.3 and earlier, files archived on NetApp 9.x devices are not deleted when the placeholders are deleted.
- For details on NetApp ONTAP C-Mode to use HTTPS with SSL, see https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100045633.
- Requires Enterprise Vault 12.5.
- Tested with Local Tier.
- Enterprise Vault detects a single digit after the dot in the NetApp release versions. For example, Vault Administration Console (VAC) displays ONTAP 9.10 or ONTAP 9.11 as ONTAP 9.1. Veritas will fix this issue in an upcoming Enterprise Vault version. This issue does not have any functional impact.