Enterprise Vault™ Compatibility Charts
- About this guide
- Enterprise Vault core dependencies
- Storage devices, appliances, and software
- Exchange archiving
- Exchange archiving client compatibility
- Desktop search utilities
- File System Archiving (FSA)
- Content platforms
- Client access
- Content protocols
- Domino mailbox archiving and journal archiving
- SharePoint archiving
- SMTP archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Search
- Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator
- Compliance Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator
- Antivirus software
- Third-party integrations
- Appendix A. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 12
- Appendix B. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 14
- Appendix C. Revision history
About SMTP archiving
Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving enables Enterprise Vault to archive data that is sent to the Enterprise Vault server using SMTP protocol. Any application that can send information to an SMTP server can send data to Enterprise Vault.
Enterprise Vault 12 and later support Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving on all supported operating systems.
See Operating system.
The new implementation of SMTP Archiving does not require the Windows SMTP service or File System Archiving.
The legacy version of Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving, available with Enterprise Vault 11.0 OR and earlier versions, can run concurrently with the new version. The legacy version and the new version must use different port numbers.