Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
Factors to consider when planning deployment of Enterprise Vault components
Factors that influence how you deploy Enterprise Vault include the following:
The amount of data you anticipate storing and how long you intend to retain the data.
The amount of computing resources you have at your disposal, that is, disk space as well as memory.
The network connections you have between computers.
Whether you intend to use Enterprise Vault single instance storage.
Whether you intend to use Index Server groups.
Whether you are using offline storage, in which case the storage space you require for the vault stores will be reduced.