Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
System status in the Administration Console
Enterprise Vault automatically runs checks to monitor the health of the Enterprise Vault system. If any check finds a problem Enterprise Vault displays an alert in thepane of the Administration Console.
You can also run the checks from thepane without waiting for the scheduled checks.
You can configure each of the checks on thetab of . For each check you can set the following:
The threshold level. Enterprise Vault displays an alert when this threshold is exceeded.
The frequency, which is how often you want the check to run.
The start time. You can specify any required time. If you do not select a time, the statistics are collected when the monitoring process starts and then according to the frequency that you have defined for each check.
The Status pane provides the quickest way for you to check the health of the Enterprise Vault system.