Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
How to script management tasks
Additionally, you can use Policy Manager to migrate the contents of PST files and NSF files to Enterprise Vault.
Policy Manager enables you to apply settings to individual mailboxes in a much more specific manner than you can when using the Administration Console.
For example, you could write a script to do the following:
Define a filter that archives all items older than 1 month.
Create a folder called Personal Archive in all mailboxes and apply the new filter to the folder.
Apply the Personal Retention Category to the new Personal Archive folder.
Policy Manager runs in Command Prompt window and uses an initialization file of settings to apply to mailboxes, archives, and to PST and NSF file migrations.
An additional Provisioning API is available. This can be used to provide the auto-enabling of mailboxes from a web page, for example. The API can also be used in conjunction with Enterprise Vault Policy Manager.