Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
About the Archive Discovery Search Service
The Archive Discovery Search Service provides a simple web service API that enables Veritas partners to develop search client applications for performing discovery-type searches across multiple vault stores and archives in an Enterprise Vault installation. The methods that this service provides lets the client applications do the following:
Create and submit searches of Enterprise Vault archives.
Check the status of searches.
Retrieve the results of searches.
Cancel and resubmit searches.
Close searches to discard the search results and reclaim disk space.
You can install the Archive Discovery Search Service on any Enterprise Vault server. You require a license for the service to submit searches.
Note the following:
The Archive Discovery Search Service is optimized for simultaneous searches across a large number of archives. It is not designed for a large number of simultaneous searches on a small number of archives.
Veritas does not support the use of this service in Enterprise Vault building blocks environments. However, you can use the service in both Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) and Windows Server Failover Clustering (MSCS) environments.