Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
How to export archived items
You cannot use the wizard to export Enterprise Vault Domino archives. If you want to export items from Domino archives, see the description of Domino Archive Exporter in the Utilities guide.
The wizard enables you to export the following:
Archives to PST files.
Archives to their original Exchange Server mailboxes.
A single archive to any Exchange Server mailbox.
You can export the following archive types:
Exchange Server mailbox and journal archives.
File system archives.
Shared archives. (Shared archives are special archives that you can create and enable several users to access. These archives do not contain folders.)
You can filter the output by date and by Retention Category. So, for example, you could export items less than a year old that were archived with a Retention Category of "Business".
When you export archives to PST files you can then import them back into Enterprise Vault. This is useful if, for example, you are moving a mailbox to a different Enterprise Vault site and want to move its archived items too.