Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
Domino mailbox archiving tasks
In the Administration Console, on the required Enterprise Vault server under Enterprise Vault Servers, you create a Domino Mailbox Archiving task. This Domino Mailbox Archiving task can process mail files on more than one Domino Server and more than one Domino domain.
If necessary, it is possible for multiple Enterprise Vault servers to process the same Domino server by provisioning different groups of users and archiving each group to a different vault store.
These tasks are controlled by the Task Controller Service.
The Domino Mailbox Archiving task is responsible for the following:
Accessing each mail file and archiving items according to the policy set for the mail file. The task works in cooperation with the Indexing Service, which converts and indexes the items that are being archived.
To obtain an estimate of the number of items that will be archived, without actually archiving anything, you can run the task in Report Mode.
By default, Domino Mailbox Archiving tasks run automatically according to the schedule defined for the Enterprise Vault site. You can override this schedule for individual tasks.
Each mail file is processed by the Domino Mailbox Archiving task that runs on the same Enterprise Vault server as the Storage Service that hosts the associated vault store; in other words, the archive is created locally to the archiving task that processes the Domino mail file.
By default, the vault store that is used is the one defined in the Domino server properties, but you can override this setting as required by editing the properties of individual provisioning groups.