Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
Recreate archive points on the original path.
Recreate the placeholders for archived files in their original location.
Move placeholders from one location to another location and move the archived files to the corresponding destination archive, which is represented by the archive point on the path.
Migrate placeholders from a source path to a destination path without any movement of the archived data.
Delete orphaned placeholders for which no corresponding item exists in the archive.
Restore all archived files, or archived files of the specified file types, to their original location or a new location.
Recall the archived files that correspond to placeholders that are present in a folder.
The utility works with archive points and placeholders on Windows file servers, NetApp filers, and Dell EMC Celerra/VNX devices.
For details of the utility, see the Utilities guide.