Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
About Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
Designed for use on Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile devices, Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition lets users access their archives through the web browsers on their smartphones. The search facilities that are available in Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition closely resemble those in the desktop and tablet implementations of Enterprise Vault Search. Some facilities that are available in Enterprise Vault Search on the desktop and tablet are not currently available in Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition. For example, mobile users cannot do the following:
Access archives of types other than Exchange Mailbox, Exchange Public Folder, and Internet Mail.
Search in more than one archive at a time.
Save search queries for reuse.
Export archived items.
Restore archived items to any mailbox folder other than the Restored Items folder.
Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition is a browser-based application that you deploy for intranet or Internet access using Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). If you want to give your users Internet access without exposing your Enterprise Vault server to unnecessary security risks, you can install the required components on a proxy server. The proxy server acts as an intermediary for requests from Enterprise Vault Search clients that are seeking resources from the Enterprise Vault server.