Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
Enterprise Vault Operations Manager
Enterprise Vault Operations Manager lets the administrator monitor the following:
The status of Enterprise Vault services.
The status of Enterprise Vault archiving tasks.
Performance counters for vault stores, disk, memory, and processors.
Exchange Server journal mailbox target archiving parameters, including message counts for Inbox, Archive Pending, and failed operations such as Failed DL Expansion.
Domino Server journaling target archiving parameters, including message counts for Inbox, Archive Pending and failed operations.
The status of the Archive Discovery Search Service components and of the searches that you have conducted with them.
A Monitoring agent on each Enterprise Vault server collects data at scheduled intervals, typically every few minutes. This data is then stored in the Monitoring database. The Enterprise Vault Operations Manager webpages display the data from when the system was last monitored. Summary pages provide at-a-glance status assessment, while detailed data can help identify problems and bottlenecks.