Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
To gauge the usage of Enterprise Vault when it runs with particular settings, you can run tasks in report mode. In this mode, Enterprise Vault does not archive items but produces a report about what would be archived on a normal run.
The reports are logged in a file in the Reports folder, which is a subfolder of the Enterprise Vault installation folder. The fields in the file are tab-separated, so you can easily import the file contents into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel.
The following are examples of the types of reports that are generated:
Exchange mailbox preparation. When processing Provisioning Groups, the Provisioning task reports on mailboxes that have been prepared for archiving and the policies assigned.
PST migration. In the case of Locate and Migrate there are separate reports for each phase of the migration: Location, Collection, and Migration.
File System Archiving actions.
SharePoint archiving actions.
In the Administration Console, Vault Store Usage Reporter can generate different reports detailing vault store usage.