Enterprise Vault™ Introduction and Planning
- About this guide
- Overview of Enterprise Vault
- How Enterprise Vault works
- About Enterprise Vault indexing
- About Enterprise Vault tasks
- About Enterprise Vault services
- About the Archive Discovery Search Service
- About the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
- About Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault administration
- About reporting and monitoring in Enterprise Vault
- Exchange Server archiving
- About Exchange Server archiving and user mailboxes
- Exchange Server and journal mailbox archiving
- Exchange Public Folder archiving
- File System Archiving
- Archiving Microsoft SharePoint servers
- Domino mailbox archiving
- Domino Journal archiving
- SMTP Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Accelerators
- About Compliance Accelerator
- The Compliance Accelerator client application
- About Discovery Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator client application
- Building in resilience
- About Enterprise Vault and VCS
- About Enterprise Vault and Windows Server Failover Clustering
- About Enterprise Vault building blocks
- Planning component installation
- Where to set up the Enterprise Vault Services and Tasks
- Installation planning for client components
- Planning your archiving strategy
- How to define your archiving policy for user mailboxes
- How to plan the archiving strategy for Exchange public folders
- How to plan settings for retention categories
- How to plan vault stores and partitions
- About Enterprise Vault reports
About Enterprise Vault Search
Enterprise Vault Search provides client users with the ability to browse and search their archives and conduct simple or advanced searches. Users can also do the following:
Save frequently-used mailbox folders and search queries as favorites for one-click access and reuse.
Preview archived items and their attachments.
Copy and move archived items out of an archive, within an archive, and from one archive to another.
Restore archived items.
Export archived items to a .nsf, .pst, or .zip file, depending on archive type and search policy.
Delete archived items.
Change the retention categories of items.
Enterprise Vault Search is designed as a search tool for end users and does not include the features provided by an eDiscovery application like Veritas Discovery Accelerator. For example, you cannot use Enterprise Vault Search for case management, review, legal hold, reporting, or auditing.