Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Installation Guide
- Post-installation validation
- Appendix A. Software requirements
- Appendix B. Troubleshooting
- Appendix C. Configuring HTTPS
- Appendix D. Load balanced installation
- Appendix E. Customizing image upload
- Appendix F. Reduced Database Permissions for Database Upgrade
To validate the upgrade:
- Start the portal application pool to bring the website online.
- Log into the portal.
- Perform the validation steps to confirm correct installation.
- Confirm that the license is correct.
Request types are used to perform actions within NetBackup Self Service. The NetBackup Self Service license specifies that you can use a maximum of 22 active request types. By default, after upgrade the system has 13 request types. You can view the request types in Self Service on the website in.
Request types are split into two broad categories which relate to the main dashboards' solution. The categories are: request types that cannot be deactivated and default request types.
Table: Request types which cannot be deactivated
Add vCloud Director Import
New Computer User
Set vCloud Director Password
Table: Default request types associated with the dashboard end-user actions
Restore Virtual Machine
Restore Cloud Asset
Restore Oracle Backup
Restore SQL Database
Register VM for File Restore
Confirm that all of the request types in Table: Request types which cannot be deactivated and Table: Default request types associated with the dashboard end-user actions are active.
As part of the upgrade, the current versions of these five request types are installed. The existing request types are exported to disk and stored in the
install_location\MsBuild\DataExport directory. The Integration Settings and Action Request Types section is reset to the default request types. Review any locally customized request types and update or replace the new request type as appropriate.
These are the only request types currently used in NetBackup Self Service by default. Any other shipped request types are deactivated on upgrade. Confirm their status in.