Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Installation Guide
- Post-installation validation
- Appendix A. Software requirements
- Appendix B. Troubleshooting
- Appendix C. Configuring HTTPS
- Appendix D. Load balanced installation
- Appendix E. Customizing image upload
- Appendix F. Reduced Database Permissions for Database Upgrade
After an install, it is advisable to check that the Windows service is running correctly. On the server where the Windows service is installed:
Open Event Viewer, and navigate to the Application Log.
Find messages with a source of DirectaService9.1$FrontOffice. The name may vary slightly - the naming convention is DirectaService9.1$SiteName, where SiteName is the name of the website.
If the Windows service has logged any errors then it is possible there is a configuration problem. Examine the detail of the error.
A common configuration problem is the Windows service cannot connect to the database. The Windows service checks to confirm that connectivity to the database is defined in the configuration file. If the service cannot connect to the database it logs an error in the Windows Event Log.