Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Installation Guide
- Post-installation validation
- Appendix A. Software requirements
- Appendix B. Troubleshooting
- Appendix C. Configuring HTTPS
- Appendix D. Load balanced installation
- Appendix E. Customizing image upload
- Appendix F. Reduced Database Permissions for Database Upgrade
Reduced Database Permissions for Database Upgrade
When you upgrade the database it is necessary to choose a database logon to perform the database upgrade. The simplest choice is to use a user that has the 'sysadmin' role.
If your database administrator (DBA) is unwilling to grant the sysadmin role to you, you can do a database upgrade with a reduced permission set. This appendix describes the upgrade process with reduced permissions.
The following SQL script creates a logon UpgradeUser which is suitable for upgrading the database.
To create a reduced permissions user for upgrade
- Run this script in SQL Management Studio, to create a logon and user suitable for upgrading the database
- When you run the configurator and select the database to upgrade, choose:
Authentication Mode: Sql
DB User: UpgradeUser
DB Password: password
- Once install is complete you can disable or delete the UpgradeUser, since it is only used during the upgrade process.
-- Create a login for upgrading the database use master Create Login UpgradeUser WITH PASSWORD = 'password', Check_Policy = OFF GO -- Make a database user for the login -- and give them db_owner role on the target database USE NetBackupSelfService CREATE USER UpgradeUser FOR LOGIN UpgradeUser GO ALTER ROLE db_owner ADD MEMBER UpgradeUser GO -- Allow ownership of database to be transferred to sa. -- The sa login can be disabled as per good dba practice, -- and everything will still work ok. use master GRANT IMPERSONATE ON LOGIN::sa to UpgradeUser