Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Installation Guide
- Post-installation validation
- Appendix A. Software requirements
- Appendix B. Troubleshooting
- Appendix C. Configuring HTTPS
- Appendix D. Load balanced installation
- Appendix E. Customizing image upload
- Appendix F. Reduced Database Permissions for Database Upgrade
This section describes the installation of the NetBackup Self Service Portal.
To install the portal
- Install the NetBackup Self Service Portal before the NetBackup Self Service Adapter.
- Install the NetBackup Self Service Portal on the web server. The portal installation does create a database on a remote machine.
NetBackup Self Service Portal 8.3.exe.
The installer runs and copies the installation onto the computer. When the installation completes, a configurator launches.
- In the configurator select Install a New NetBackup Self Service Portal.
- On the component screen, confirm that all options are selected and select Next.
- A validation screen runs to check that IIS is configured correctly
- Use the New Install Configuration Options dialog to specify the site configuration.
The Company Name is the name of your company.
The Portal Name field defines the name of the site. It is used to create the names of the IIS Applications and Windows service the installer creates. The portal name cannot be changed once the installer runs. Choose the Portal Name carefully.
The Install Portal as field gives you the option to install the main website in an IIS application or directly under the website root. If you install in an IIS application the URL is similar to
www.example.com/portalname, where portalname is the Portal Name. If you install in the root of the IIS website, the URL of the website is similar to
The advantage of installing in an IIS application is that other websites can co-exist on the web server. The advantage of installing under the root of the website is a more attractive URL.
Specify the IIS website where you want the components installed. Select the IIS website you want to use for the portal and the web services. Veritas recommends that you use two websites. Use Public to host the portal and Private to host the web services.
System Base Currency defines the currency type that Self Service uses.
The System Base Language defines the language that is displayed in the user interface.
- On the Database Installer Connection dialog, enter information about the database to be created, and the credentials to use while creating the database. Veritas recommends that you keep the default database name, which is the same as the Portal Name. The credentials provided must exist and have sysadmin access to the database instance. The credentials are used by the installer to create the database.
- Enter the user credentials that the portal, web service and windows service use to connect to the database. This database user is created as part of the install process, and is used by the application to connect to the database.
- Generate a new Application Key in the Application Security dialog.
The Application Key is used to encrypt third party passwords in the system. For example, the adapters contain credentials for connecting to other systems and the application key is used to encrypt them. If the installation is for a new system, click Generate Key to create a new key. If the installation is for a new component for an existing system, paste the key from the original installation into the box.
If you intend to install a second website to load-balance the system, keep a copy of the application key. You must use the same application key when you install the second website.
The application key is not used to encrypt the user's logon credentials.
- A validation screen runs to check that the database credentials are correct.
- A confirmation screen is presented. Confirm that the details are correct and click Install.
- On completion of the installation and configuration of the portal, log into to the website.
The final page of the configurator contains the URL for the website. The credentials for initial logon are:
User ID: Admin. The user ID is not case sensitive.
Password: password. The password is case-sensitive. You are required to change the password at first logon.
Keep a copy of the URL from this final screen. Use this URL to connect to the system.