Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Configuring paths to include or exclude for PST searching
You can edit the PST Locator task properties to configure the paths you want the PST Locator task to look for or ignore during the search for PST files. You can also edit the computer properties page to specify paths you want to include or exclude for PST searching.
You can also exclude specific network shares from PST searching using the
To configure paths for PST searching
Do either of the following:
In the Tasks listing of the Administration Console, right-click the PST Locator task and then, on the shortcut menu, click Properties.
In the Administration Console, expand Personal Store Management > Computers to display a list of the computers that have been found on the network. Select the name of the computer and, on the shortcut menu, click Properties.
- Click the Search Paths tab.
In Include in search, do either of the following:
Select Search entire computer to allow the PST Locator task to do a full computer search for PST files.
Select Search specific paths and click Add Paths to add the paths that you want to include during PST searching.
- To exclude paths from PST searching, in Exclude from search, click Add Paths to add the paths that you want to exclude.
Paths you specify for exclusion should be subpaths of the paths that you have included for search.