Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Options to configure client-driven PST migration
Enterprise Vault provides various options to configure client-driven migration depending on the type of control you want users to have over the migration of their PST files.
Table: Options to configure client-driven PST migration details various options to configure client-driven migration.
Table: Options to configure client-driven PST migration
To do this
Client-driven migration enabled
Allow PST submission
Allow the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In to migrate located PST files without user intervention.
Allow users to choose whether to migrate located PST files. Users can also submit PST files for migration.
Allow only the manual submission of PST files. You do not want the Outlook Add-In to look for PST files on the user's computer.
By default, the Outlook Add-In looks for PST files on the user's computer. However, you can stop it from searching for PST files by excluding all relevant local drives (C:, D:, E:, and so on).