Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Creating a PST Migrator task for PST client-driven migration
If you have configured Locate and Migrate, then you already have a PST Migrator task and can ignore this section. If you have not configured Locate and Migrate then you need to work through this section.
You need to configure a PST Migrator task on every Enterprise Vault server that hosts a Storage service and manages the archives to which you intend to migrate PST files. When the migration process migrates a PST file, it runs on the Enterprise Vault server that manages the destination archive.
To create a PST Migrator task
- In the Administration Console, expand your site until the Enterprise Vault Servers container is visible.
- Expand Enterprise Vault Servers and then expand the server on which you want to add the PST Migrator task.
- Right-click Tasks and then, on the shortcut menu, click New > PST Migrator task.
The New PST Migrator task wizard starts.
- Work through the wizard.
You need to supply the location of a folder that the task can use to hold temporary copies of the PST files during migration. This folder must be on a local drive. The account under which the PST Migrator task runs must have full access to the folder.
Do not change the location of this folder while the PST Migrator task runs, or while client-driven migration processes PST files.