Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Enterprise Vault provides a wizard that lets you enable mailboxes for client-driven migration. You can enable a small number of mailboxes at a time so that at any one time there is a manageable number of PST files to process.
After you have enabled a mailbox for client-driven PST migration, the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In starts scanning for PST files when the corresponding user next starts Outlook.
The list of PST files that all client computers have found appears in the Administration Console, in the Personal Store Management.container under
The located PST files are also listed in the Enterprise Vault PST Migration page in the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In. Depending on how you have configured the Exchange PST Migration policy, users can see the migration status of the files and choose files for migration.
To enable mailboxes for client-driven PST migration
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand Personal Store Management.
- Right-click Mailboxes and click Enable Client-Driven Migrations.
The Enable Mailbox for Client-Driven Migration wizard starts.
- Work through the wizard.
The wizard prompts you to do the following:
Select the Microsoft Exchange Server computer that has the mailboxes you want to enable for client-driven PST migration.
Select the mailboxes that you want to enable for client-driven PST migration.
- Click Finish to enable the selected mailboxes for client-driven migration and exit from this wizard.