Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
About the Exchange PST Migration policy
To customize the way that PST files are migrated for a group of users, you can edit the settings in the Exchange PST Migration policy that is associated with the provisioning group to which the users' mailboxes belong. Exchange PST Migration policies are listed under Policies > in the Administration Console.
The Exchange PST Migration policy properties include settings to define the following:
Whether to create shortcuts for migrated items, and where to create them.
Whether to adjust Exchange Server quotas to accommodate the additional shortcuts in mailboxes.
The default retention category.
The migration priority that the PST Collector and PST Migrator should use to collect and migrate PST files.
The classes of items to migrate.
Whether to allow users to submit PST files for migration and change the retention category of files that they choose to migrate.
The paths that the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In should specifically look in or ignore when it searches for PST files on users' computers.
Whether to migrate the Deleted Items folder and unexpired calendar items.
The folder structure to create for shortcuts in users' mailboxes.
The Windows code page to use if the PST Migrator creates folders in users' mailboxes.
How to process PST files after successful migration.
The notification emails that you want Enterprise Vault to send for various PST migration events.
When items have been migrated, the original items in the PST files are not deleted. If you want to delete the PST files after successful migration, choose to do so on the Post Migration tab of the PST Migration policy.