Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
About Locate and Migrate
Locate and Migrate partially automates the process of migrating the contents of PST files into Enterprise Vault. It can automatically search for PST files on users' computers and move them to a central holding area, from which they can be automatically migrated.
Depending on the configuration options that you select, there may be some manual intervention that is required to approve migration of PST files. Additionally, you may need to supply the passwords for password-protected PST files.
For password-protected PST files you may allow Enterprise Vault to override the passwords during PST migration. This setting is useful in cases the password is missing or is incorrectly provided. To override passwords, enable General tab of the properties.in the
Locate and Migrate comprises several Enterprise Vault task types:
A PST Locator task. This task searches your network for computers and PST files. You can configure specific paths to include or exclude during PST searching. There can be only one PST Locator task in your Enterprise Vault site.
A PST Collector task. This task moves the PST files that the PST Locator task has found to a central PST holding folder, ready for them to be migrated. This task uses the migration priority of the file when it collects files. There can be many PST Collector tasks in your Enterprise Vault site.
A PST Migrator task. This task migrates the contents of PST files that are in the PST holding folder to Enterprise Vault archives. This task uses the migration priority of the file when it migrates files. There can be many PST Migrator tasks in your Enterprise Vault site.