Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Output from PST migration
When you run Policy Manager with an initialization file containing a [PSTdefaults] section, Policy Manager automatically writes a new initialization file that contains details of any problems that it found.
The new initialization file has the following features:
There is a [PSTcheckpoint] section at the top of the file, summarizing the results of the run.
If you had been using process mode then the following apply:
All [PST] sections for files that were processed successfully are commented out.
There is a JobStatus entry in each [PST] section, indicating for that file, either success or the type of error that occurred.