Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
About the Personal Store Management node
All the computers, mailboxes, and PST files that are found on the network are listed in various nodes under the Personal Store Management node.
When you click, the page that opens displays a summary view of all the computers, mailboxes, and PST files that Enterprise Vault manages.
The Personal Store Management node has the following nodes:
This node contains information of the PST files that are being migrated or have been migrated to Enterprise Vault. You can use various options to change the migration status, priority, mailbox, archive, and retention category of the listed files.
This node contains information of all the computers that have been found on the network. You can enable or disable PST file searching on the listed computers.
This node contains information of the list of mailboxes that are enabled for archiving. You can enable or disable the listed mailboxes for client-driven migration.
You can sort and filter the displayed information, and also saved a collection of items for future reference. You can also add, remove, or move columns to further customize the display. You can save the customization you make to the display.
You can export the displayed items to a CSV file or an HTML file. Note that when you export the details, Enterprise Vault exports the information in all the columns irrespective of the customization made.
This node includes only those PST files that are searched and migrated to Enterprise Vault by the Locate and Migrate method or obtained by client-driven migration. This node does not include the files that have been migrated to Enterprise Vault using the wizard-assisted migration or the scripted migration.
For more information about each node, see the Administration Console help.
If the Personal Store Management is taking a long time to load, it could be because your Enterprise Vault server does not have a connection to the Internet.
For a possible workaround, see the section called "Performance issues when an Enterprise Vault server has no Internet connection " in the Installing and Configuring guide.