Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
When you run the PST Locator task this time, it searches for PST files on the computers you selected to search. You can configure the task to search for PST files in the Outlook profiles on a computer (registry search) or on the computer's hard disks (hard disk search).
During a hard disk search, the task does not search either the PST holding folder or the temporary PST migration file folders on any computer running a PST Migrator task. On all computers, the Recycle Bin folder is not searched.
You can also use theoption in the > context menu to add PST files for migration.
To run the PST Locator task to find PST files
Do either of the following:
Right-click the PST Locator task and, on the shortcut menu, click Run Now. In the dialog box that is displayed, select Registry search or Hard disk search as required.
On computers running Windows 7, you must enable the RemoteRegistry service to allow the PST Locator task to look for PST files using registry searches.
Wait for the scheduled run time for the PST Locator task.
- The task searches for PST files on the computers that you selected. The PST files that have been found are listed under Personal Store Management > Files in the Administration Console. You can filter the PST files with a particular migration status, or for a certain user.
- Before the PST Collector task runs to copy the PST files to the PST holding folder, you must edit the properties of the PST files to provide any missing information and change the status to "Ready to copy".