Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Enabling mailboxes for PST file submission
You can configure the Exchange PST Migration policy to give users more control over the migration of PST files that are located on their computers. Selecting theoption in the PST Migration policy properties page enables the following features in the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In.
Thebutton is displayed on the PST Migration page. This button allows users to browse for PST files on their computer and their network locations and submit them for migration to Enterprise Vault.
All the PST files that Enterprise Vault finds are listed in the Migrate PST Files dialog box, which allows users to choose whether to migrate PST files to Enterprise Vault.
To enable mailboxes for PST file submission
- In the Administration Console, expand your Enterprise Vault site.
- Click Policies > Exchange > PST Migration.
- Right-click the PST Migration Policy that you want to edit and then select Properties.
- In the Client-driven migration section of the Migration tab, select Allow PST submission.
- Select Allow retention category override if you want to allow users to change the retention category of the PST files that they choose to migrate.
Some Enterprise Vault features, such as the retention folders and classification features, can override the specified retention category. For more information on retention, see the Administrator's Guide.
- Click Search Paths to specify the paths that you want the Enterprise Vault Outlook-Add-In to include or exclude when searching for PST files.
- Click OK.