Enterprise Vault™ PST Migration
- About this guide
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST file ownership
- PST migration: scripted
- Output from PST migration
- PST migration: wizard-assisted
- PST migration: Locate and Migrate
- Setting up PST Locate and Migrate
- Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- Creating and configuring the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks
- Migrating PST files using PST Locate and Migrate
- Running the PST Locator task to find domains and computers
- Running the PST Locator task to find PST files
- PowerShell cmdlets for PST migration
- PST migration: client-driven migration
- About client-driven PST migration
- Enabling mailboxes for PST client-driven migration
Configuring the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
You configure the PST holding folder in Enterprise Vault site properties. The folder that you select must be a network share. The accounts that are used to configure the folder, or run the PST Locator, PST Collector, and PST Migrator tasks on all Enterprise Vault servers in the site must have access to the PST holding folder. The access permission that is required is shown in Table: Access required to the PST holding folder.
Table: Access required to the PST holding folder
Account used to configure the PST holding folder
Read. Access can be removed after configuration, if required.
Logon account that the PST Locator task uses
Logon account that the PST Collector task uses
Logon account that the PST Migrator task uses
To configure the holding folder for PST Locate and Migrate
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, display the Enterprise Vault Site Properties.
- On the General tab, click Browse next to PST holding folder.
A prompt asks whether you want to browse Regular or Hidden shares.
- Select the type of share that you intend to specify for the PST holding folder, and then click OK.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog box, expand Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network. Expand the required domain and then the server on which the share is located. The list of shares that are displayed contains shared folders to which the account has access.
- Select the folder that you want to use for the PST holding folder and then click OK.
- Click OK to close Site Properties.